The Maskit Exhibition
The exhibition has four elements...
If appropriate, a regular demonstration of leather mask masking can be arranged within this space.
- A set of display boards, portaying full-length colour representations of the stock Commedia characters, set into 4 bays occupied by 3 or 4 characters, presented on their individual, colour-coded plinths.
- Each character is mounted on a mechanised headpiece which moves into different 'conversational' positions.
- The exhibition is designed to fit into the centre of a space which is ideally a minimum of 5m by 10m allowing enough room for the viewing public to walk around each bay.
- Eleven, two-dimensional boards, 35cm by 90cm, which are hung on the surrounding walls. Each board has a moulded mask mounted at the top, an illustration and a description of the personality of the full-length character beneath.
- A display on stands of all the carved moulds which occupies one end of the 'gallery'.
- Flatpack characters which are displayed at the other end of the 'gallery' alongside a Maskit information table.
For more information about the exhibition, its size, content or any other query, please contact our friend ... Griffiths (see the "About the Maskmaker" page for details).
About The Mask Maker
Submit an enquiry