The Maskit Exhibition
The exhibition has four elements...
If appropriate, a regular demonstration of leather mask masking can be arranged within this space.
- A set of display boards, portaying full-length colour representations of the stock Commedia characters, set into 4 bays occupied by 3 or 4 characters, presented on their individual, colour-coded plinths.
- Each character is mounted on a mechanised headpiece which moves into different 'conversational' positions.
- The exhibition is designed to fit into the centre of a space which is ideally a minimum of 5m by 10m allowing enough room for the viewing public to walk around each bay.
- Eleven, two-dimensional boards, 35cm by 90cm, which are hung on the surrounding walls. Each board has a moulded mask mounted at the top, an illustration and a description of the personality of the full-length character beneath.
- A display on stands of all the carved moulds which occupies one end of the 'gallery'.
- Flatpack characters which are displayed at the other end of the 'gallery' alongside a Maskit information table.
For more information about the exhibition, its size, content or any other query, please contact our friend ... Griffiths (see the "About the Maskmaker" page for details).